Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.1 Release Notes
Article Number: RN-WIN-RADEONADRENALIN-17.12.1
Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.1 Release Notes
Article Number: RN-WIN-RADEONCRIMSONRELIVE-17.12.1
Introducing Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition, artfully designed and meticulously crafted to unleash the powerful performance and innovation built into Radeon™ Graphics through an incredibly intuitive and utterly beautiful user interface for both PCs and mobile devices.
Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.1 Highlights
- Added new Connect tab which houses new social engagement features.
- Added new Gallery tab for Radeon ReLive recording file management, video trimming, and social platform sharing functionality.
- Added new Accounts tab to connect ReLive content and upload sharing to social platforms
- Added new Resource Center tab highlighting informative guides and instructions for Radeon Software features.
- Added new Performance Monitoring tab.
- Added three UI themes for Radeon Settings customization.
- Added new AMD Link tab to connect Radeon Settings to the AMD Link mobile application. For more information on AMD Link visithere.
- Added new Overlay feature (default ALT+R) allowing management of certain Radeon Settings features while in-game or on desktop such as Radeon ReLive, Radeon FreeSync, Radeon Chill, Frame Rate Target Control, Display Color, and Performance Monitoring.
- Added performance monitoring overlay to display system performance metrics in DirectX® 9, 11, 12, and Vulkan™ applications.
- Added performance logging feature to save performance metrics to a file.
- Further optimized for lower FPS overhead while using Radeon ReLive for recording. (RS-198)
- Added support for Vulkan™ API.
- Added support for Eyefinity.
- Added support for borderless window region capture.
- Added support for mouse button hotkeys.
- Added chat and viewer count overlay for Radeon ReLive live streaming to supported platforms.
- Added Chroma Key support to allow background transparency when using a webcam.
- Now supports expanded social platforms.
- Now supports separate microphone and audio track recording.
- Radeon Chill now has expanded support for most game titles.
- Added support for all GCN-based Radeon graphics products.
- Added support for Vulkan™ API.
- Added support Multi-GPU configurations.
- Added support for Eyefinity configurations.
- Added new profile functionality to save and load user defined Radeon WattMan profile configurations to local hard disk.
Frame Rate Target Control
- Added support for Vulkan™ API.
- Added support for HDR10 titles with Radeon FreeSync2 displays.
- Added per-application Radeon FreeSync support.
- OverWatch™ may experience a random or intermittent hang on some system configurations.
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege may experience an application hang when breaching walls with grenades or explosives.
- Netflix playback in a browser or via UWP application may experience stutter.
- After recording with Radeon ReLive GPU usage and clocks may remain in high states.
- Assassin’s Creed®: Origins may experience bright or saturated lighting in cave missions.
- Mass Effect Andromeda™ may have issues enabling HDR10 on an HDR capable display.
- Forza™ Horizon 3 may experience corruption on rocks or foliage during gameplay.
- Halo™ Wars 2 may experience a crash on game launch.
- Enabling HBCC on Radeon RX Vega in multi GPU system configurations may cause the secondary graphics card to be hidden in Radeon Settings until reboot.
- Resizing the Radeon Settings window may cause the UI to restart or hang with HBCC enabled.
- Upgrading Radeon Software with Radeon RX Vega series graphics products in multi GPU on X99 chipsets may cause system instability after reboot.
- Radeon Settings may experience a hang when enabling AMD CrossFire with three or more graphics products.
- Performance Metrics Overlay may hang if enabled when cycling display power off and on.
- Trimming videos may fail to create a thumbnail if the video contains non-English characters.
- 3×1 display configurations may experience instability during Eyefinity creation or during gaming.
- The “Reset” function in Radeon Settings for Display, ReLive, and Video may not work as intended when using Radeon Settings in certain regional languages.
- Radeon WattMan may intermittently fail to load profiles for Radeon RX Vega on the global Radeon Wattman page.
- Rise of the Tomb Raider™ may experience an intermittent application hang during gameplay.
- A random system hang may be experienced after extended periods of use on system configurations using 12 GPU’s for compute workloads.
- The GPU Workload feature may cause a system hang when switching to Compute while AMD CrossFire is enabled. A workaround is to disable AMD CrossFire before switching the toggle to Compute workloads.
(RS-198) Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of November 8th, 2017 on the 8GB Radeon RX Vega 56, on a test system comprising of Intel i7 7700X CPU (4.2 GHz), 16GB DDR4-3000 Mhz system memory, and Windows 10 x64. PC manufacturers may vary configurations, yielding different results. With the highest preset on Battlefield 1 and Rocket League at 1920×1080, the Radeon RX Vega 56 scored 117.4 and 161.2 FPS, respectively, with Radeon Software 17.11.1. While recording, the Radeon RX Vega 56 scored 113.7 and 158.2 FPS, respectively, creating a 3.2% and 1.9% FPS overhead. Using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition, the Radeon RX Vega 56 scored 116.65 and 160.2 FPS, respectively. While recording, the Radeon RX Vega 56 scored 114.16 and 159.1 FPS, respectively, creating a 2.1% and 0.7% FPS overhead. Performance may vary based on use of latest drivers. RS-198
The Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.1 installation package contains the following:
- Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.1 Driver Version 17.50.02 (Windows Driver Store Version 23.20.15002.11)
The Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.1 installation package can be downloaded from the following links:
By clicking the Download button, you are confirming that you have read and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement (“EULA”). If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of these licenses, you do not have a license to any of the AMD software provided by this download.
Installing Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.1
For detailed instructions on how to correctly uninstall or install Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition, please refer to the following support resources:
This driver is not intended for use on AMD Radeon products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their system manufacturer for driver support.
When installing Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.1 for the Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.1.
Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.1 requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed.
Radeon Product Compatibility
Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.1 is compatible with the following AMD Radeon products.
Note: AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury, Radeon™ Pro Duo, Radeon™ RX 400 Series, Radeon™ RX 500 Series and Radeon™ RX Vega Series graphics are only supported by Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition on Windows 7/10 64-bit.
|Radeon Desktop Product Family Compatibility|
|Radeon RX Vega Series Graphics||Radeon™ RX 500 Series Graphics|
|Radeon™ RX 400 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ Pro Duo|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R7 200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R5 300 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 Nano Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R5 200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8500 – HD 8900 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 200 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7700 – HD 7900 Series Graphics|
Mobility Radeon™ Family Compatibility
Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.1 is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features.
|Radeon Mobility Product Family Compatibility|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R7 M200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R5 M200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R5 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8500M – HD 8900M Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M200 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7700M – HD 7900M Series Graphics|
AMD APU Product Family Compatibility
AMD APU products are only supported by AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition on Windows® 7 (32 & 64-bit) and Windows® 10 (32 & 64-bit).
|AMD APU Product Family Compatibility|
|AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R4, R5, R6, or R7 Graphics||AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R3, R4, R5, R6, R7, or R8 Graphics|
|AMD Pro A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R5 or R7 Graphics||AMD Pro A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R5, R6, or R7 Graphics|
|AMD Athlon™ Series APUs with Radeon™ R3 Graphics||AMD FX-Series APUs with Radeon™ R7 Graphics|
|AMD Sempron™ Series APUs with Radeon™ R3 Graphics||AMD E-Series APUs with Radeon™ R2 Graphics|
|||AMD Radeon™ HD 8180 – HD 8400 Series Graphics|
Compatible Operating Systems
Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.1 is designed to support the following Microsoft® Windows® platforms. Operating System support may vary depending on your specific AMD Radeon product.
- Windows® 10 (32 & 64-bit version)
- Windows 7 (32 & 64-bit version with SP1 or higher)
AMD Issue Reporting Form
This driver release incorporates suggestions received through the AMD Issue Reporting Form. To provide us with your feedback, visit the AMD Issue Reporting Form.
© 2017 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
The information contained herein is for informational purposes only and is subject to change without notice. While every precaution has been taken in the preparation of this document, it may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors, and AMD is under no obligation to update or otherwise correct this information. Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. makes no representations or warranties with respect to the accuracy or completeness of the contents of this document and assumes no liability of any kind, including the implied warranties of non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for particular purposes, with respect to the operation or use of AMD hardware, software or other products described herein. No license, including implied or arising by estoppel, to any intellectual property rights is granted by this document. This notice does not change the terms and limitations applicable to the purchase or use of AMD’s products that may be set forth in a separate signed agreement between you and AMD.
OVERCLOCKING WARNING: AMD processors are intended to be operated only within their associated specifications and factory settings. Operating your AMD processor outside of official AMD specifications or outside of factory settings, including but not limited to the conducting of overclocking (including use of this overclocking software, even if such software has been directly or indirectly provided by AMD or otherwise affiliated in any way with AMD), may damage your processor and/or lead to other problems, including but not limited to, damage to your system components (including your motherboard and components thereon (e.g. memory)), system instabilities (e.g. data loss and corrupted images), reduction in system performance, shortened processor, system component and/or system life and in extreme cases, total system failure. AMD does not provide support or service for issues or damages related to use of an AMD processor outside of official AMD specifications or outside of factory settings. You may also not receive support or service from your board or system manufacturer. Please make sure you have saved all important data before using this overclocking software. DAMAGES CAUSED BY USE OF YOUR AMD PROCESSOR OUTSIDE OF OFFICIAL AMD SPECIFICATIONS OR OUTSIDE OF FACTORY SETTINGS ARE NOT COVERED UNDER ANY AMD PRODUCT WARRANTY AND MAY NOT BE COVERED BY YOUR BOARD OR SYSTEM MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY.
The software that has been directly or indirectly provided by AMD or an entity otherwise affiliated with AMD may disable or alter: (1) software including features and functions in the operating system, drivers and applications, and other system settings; and (2) system services. WHEN THE SOFTEWARE IS USED TO DISABLE OR ALTER THESE ITEMS IN WHOLE OR PART, YOU MAY EXPERIENCE (A) INCREASED RISKS THAT CERTAIN SECURITY FUNCTIONS DO NOT FUNCTION THEREBY EXPOSING YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM TO POTENTIAL SECURITY THREATS INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, HARM FROM VIRUSES, WORMS AND OTHER HARMFUL SOFTWARE; (B) PERFORMANCE AND INTEROPERABILITY ISSUES THAT MAY ADVERSELY AFFECT YOUR EXPERIENCE AND THE STABILITY OF YOUR COMPUTING SYSTEM; AND (C) OTHER EXPERIENCES RESULTING IN ADVERSE EFFECTS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED, TO DATA CORRUPTION OR LOSS.
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, AMD Radeon, AMD Freesync and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Windows and DirectX are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
Vulkan and the Vulkan logo are registered trademarks of the Khronos Group Inc.
Other names used herein are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective companies.