Release date: 13/10/2020
OS version: 10.0.19041.4981 (rs_xbox_release_2010.201009-0000)
A new look
We’ve enhanced the look and feel of things on Xbox. These changes align more closely with our other experiences on PC and mobile. It includes some changes to our tile shape, fonts, and focus indicator across the experience. The layout is basically the same, however, so finding your stuff and getting around should be the same as ever.
More content on Home
We’ve added Entertainment and Events content blocks to Home. Stay up to date on the latest activity.
Express yourself with profile themes
You can now select from several different themes for your profile, including game themes from Xbox Game Studios and celebratory themes for the upcoming Xbox Series X|S launch. We’ll keep adding more over time.
Profile themes are also available in the Xbox app on PC and through Xbox Game Bar (Windows key + G).
Private media sharing
When uploading game clips and screenshots to Xbox, your captures will now be private and viewable only by you until you share to a message, club, activity feed, or social network.
With this update, you’ll notice these additional changes:
- The Captures tab in your profile has been removed.
- Activity feeds now only include content that has been manually shared.
- The setting to automatically share game clips and screenshots has been removed.
Sign in on multiple devices
We’ve made some changes to the sign-in experience on Xbox. Now you can sign in to multiple Xbox consoles and Xbox apps, all at the same time. Use your console as much as you want for activities like watching movies, using apps, chatting with friends, and more. When it comes to games, you’ll be able to play on one device at a time so all your game progress, achievements, and saves will stay up to date and synced, whichever device you’re on.
We’ve added support for four new languages on the console. You can now set your console language to Greek, Slovak, Czech, or Hungarian.
- If the Dolby Atmos for Headphones audio setting changes when the console is rebooted or updated, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app and then changing audio settings.
- If the console has no audio or low audio levels, check to make sure you don’t have any audio settings that could be affecting your volume, like the chat mixer.
There’s a known issue where the audio mixer can’t be adjusted.
My games & apps
- Black tiles might appear instead of game artwork when browsing My games & apps.
- The Mixer app may still appear in My games & apps and can’t be removed.
- Some titles may appear with an incorrect “trial” tag in My games & apps.
The incorrect profile color may appear when turning on the console.
If you use the energy-saving power mode and have automatic updates enabled, you may notice that if you leave a disc in the drive when turning off your Xbox, the game will launch the next time it’s turned back on. Simply open the guide and navigate away from the game to your desired activity.